9/03/2008

Introductions


This is my first post.

I have been encouraged in this endeavor by my daughters and my young colleagues. As I contemplated the construction of such a blog, it occurred to me that I had NO idea where to start!

At the tender age of 46, I certainly have no lack if opinions, in fact I have been told that I have more "variety" than likely my share.

After some consideration, I have chosen something that someone else wrote! This article was written back in the fall of 2004 by Joyce Smith, who is a reporter for the Kansas City Star. I chose this because of her meticulous efforts to get it "just right".

She interviewed me and members of my family repeatedly over a two month period and spent the time to get all of the nuances right. I cannot really describe much this article positively affected our lives which I will chronicle to some degree as we go. Suffice to say, once someone read it, I had to spend very little time on exposition as to what I was "all about".